1. Often has poor attention to detail/makes careless mistakes
Example: Has difficulty problem solving; repeats the same mistakes on similar assignments.
2. Often unable to maintain attention
Example: Difficulty remaining focused during meetings, conversations, or lengthy reading.
3. Often inattentive when being spoken to or when listening to others
Example: Loses focus when being spoken to directly, mind seems elsewhere even in the absence of any obvious distraction.
4. Often does not follow through on instructions
Example: Starts tasks quickly but loses focus and is easily sidetracked.
5. Often has difficulty organizing tasks and activities
Example: Often has difficulty managing tasks or keeping materials in their proper order; has messy or disorganized work; and difficulty managing or completing tasks on time.
6. Often avoids tasks that involve a lot of mental effort
Example: Reluctant to start presentations, reports, and reading
7. Often loses things required for activities
Example: Loses wallets, keys, paperwork, and mobile phone.
8. Often easily distracted by external events
Example: Inability to focus due to the activities of others; distracted by conversations, television, mobile device alerts.
9. Often forgetful in daily activities
Example: Frequently forgets routine activities, chores or errands.